Choose a peer-reviewed journal article that discusses disease prevention.
The article you choose cannot be older than 3 years (2017-2020).
Do not repeat an article that a classmate has already chosen and posted to the forum.
Review articles and secondary articles may be used but editorials are not appropriate and will receive a zero for the assignment if used.
Select one(1) article from the following online journal links:
American Journal of Epidemiology: http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/
The Journal of Infectious Diseases: http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/
Journal of Public Health: http://jpubhealth.oxfordjournals.org/
Clinical Infectious Diseases: http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/
You must read the full article (not just the abstract). You may need to visit the APUS library to access the full article. Full articles within the last year may not be available.
After reading your selected article, post the following information:
- Identify the disease that is being studied and what type of prevention method is being evaluated (i.e. primary, secondary, or tertiary).
- Describe what the prevention method is. It could be a new screening method, vaccination, drugs, or other intervention.
- Who was in the study population(s)/sample(s)?
- What was the conclusion of the study?
- Do you believe the study to be reliable and valid? Why or why not?
- What recommendation(s) did the researcher offer for future studies?