No cover page required.
We will learn in this module about some of the most difficult-to-avoid (and sometimes most common) obstacles to effective communication by managers. Describe an instance when your job was made more difficult and/or less pleasant because of poor communication on the part of your organization and/or manager.
- Explain what went wrong in that instance.
- Describe how the negative impacts could have been ameliorated or avoided. Distinguish between various communication obstacles and apply strategies to mitigate their negative effects when dealing within organizations.
- Compare and contrast how communication obstacles and strategies to mitigate their negative effects would differ when dealing within organizations on a global scale.
Support your comments by discussing one or more examples from the contemporary environment. Using APA standards, cite at least one story from popular media (newspaper, radio, television, internet, or podcast, for example).
Post your initial response of at least 250 words early and check back often to continue the discussion. Be sure to respond to at least two posts from other students or your instructor. Your responses in the discussion board must be well written according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). Finally, be sure to include in your initial post at least one reference using the CSU Library or other professional and scholarly references.
Message from Professor:
This weekâ€s discussions includes a discussion of communications and the many challenges that can create barriers to understanding. Consider your example: what would you do differently the next time? What would you recommend for your colleague who needs to improve in this area?
Feel free to use professional experience you have on the topic; just remember to adhere to the netiquette policy.
Remember to post your primary post here by Thursday, citing it with 2 scholarly sources and in text-citations. Be sure to respond to at least 2 of your peersâ€ posts by Sunday.
Ready, set – let’s go
- Chapter 13 in Fundamentals of Management
- Molinsky, A. L., Davenport, T. H., Iyer, B., Davidson, C. (2012). 3 skills every 21st century manager needs. Harvard Business Review, 90(1/2), 139-143.
- Chen, Y. (2016). Learners, cross-cultural communication, and management: The policy of Confucius Institutes in a global context. Chinese Education & Society, 49(6), 343-350.
- Madjoski, D. (2016). HR managers, are you listening? The importance of effective communication. HR Strategy and Planning Excellence Essentials.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient”for a 15% Discount!”
The post mgt300 module 5 discussion forum apa format appeared first on Student Homeworks.