Assignment 3: Scholarly Paper – Telecommunication Technology and the Delivery of Health Services (30 points)
In healthcare today, many patients/clients are increasing using telehealth applications for monitoring their health status. At the same time, in clinics and hospitals, primary care providers (PCPs) including advanced practice nurses are being challenged by patient/client questions concerning healthcare-related information and practices reported on the Internet. This assignment relates to telehealth care, the impacts of telehealth on the nursing role, and the use of standards to evaluate and recommend credible websites to patients.
In this paper, students will examine telehealth, discuss one specific emerging telehealth tool, and identify implications of how telehealth impacts emerging telehealth nursing roles. Students will also use standard criteria to identify credible websites for a selected telehealth population and design a teaching plan to empower this population to evaluate health information on the Web.
Include the following in the scholarly paper as the work is composed and organized:
- Telehealth Care and Telenursing
- Telehealth Applications for a Population
- Evaluating Health-Related Websites for Populations
- For the preferred patient population, identify two credible health-related web sites that would be useful to ensuring this population’s effective health status
- Explain why (what specific aspects of the website) you would recommend these websites to this population.
- What website evaluation criteria did you use?
- Assess and report the reading level of information presented in each website
- Present a teaching plan to educate these patients about how to select a reputable and credible health website to manage their health
- This is a scholarly paper of 6 to 8 pages (excluding title page and reference page(s).
- Students are expected to apply APA formatting to the entire document, including the title page/reference page(s), the level headings, and in-text citations/quotes.
- Analyze the role of the telenurse in using and educating the patient about this specific telehealth tool