Be sure you carefully read these guidelines!!
For this project, you will create a Power Point (PPT) on one of psychological disorders from this list (I am open to you researching other disorders if you have one in mind but please discuss it with me first):
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- BiPolar I Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Gender Dysphoria
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Sadism Disorder
Keep these points in mind:
- Your presentation should address the major areas below; since you are not talking through your presentation, your slides should be more dense in words.
- Bullet points work much better than paragraphs; so try to avoid lengthy paragraphs and use bulleted points instead.
- Please also be sure all your content is in the slide and not in the notes portion of PPT.
- You will need to do research above and beyond what is in the textbook.
- All work must be in your own words. Power Points that have cut and pasted information may earn a zero based on extent of plagiarism and may be reported to the Dean’s office as an integrity violation. (NOTE: The ONLY exception is that the Diagnostic Criteria should be exactly as listed in the DSM-5 â€“ which you will get from CCPâ€s library web page via My CCP).
- Pictures and other visuals add a nice touch to your presentation so feel free to include; at the very least pick an appropriate design from the templates you are offered.
- Please save your PowerPoint with a file name that includes the name of the disorder you researched.
- One your project is completed, upload your Power Point to this forum.
- If you do not have Microsoft PowerPoint, please convert your file from whatever program you using into a PDF file.
- Be sure you reply to 2 classmates; note you must post your Power Point first before you can reply to classmates.
Here are the sections your slides should have. Please label your slides with these section titles:
- Diagnostic Criteria (1-5 slides): What does the DSM-5 list as the criteria needed for diagnosis? Be sure to include all diagnostic criteria in the same numbered fashion that it is presented in the DSM-5. (You can access the DSM-5 from the library database – information of how to is below). This information should be word-for-word from the DSM-5.) DO NOT include any sections that say “specify if” or if there are symptoms for children. Be sure you include the entire pink box though – it scrolls down for many disorders.
- Causes (2-3 slides): Discuss what the research says are the several possible causes of this disorder. Donâ€t just list them; provide some detail summarizing what each is IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
- Treatment (2-3 slides): What are the treatment options for someone with this disorder? What are the various forms of therapy are used to treat this disorder? Again, donâ€t just list; include some explanation IN YOUR OWN WORDS. These should include any biomedical options as well as specific types of psychotherapy (i.e., group, cognitive, etc…) Don’t just say psychotherapy – research more to come up with specific kinds of psychotherapy proven useful for the disorder.
- Summary (1-2 slides): What are the key concepts of this disorder? Think of it this way: if you were explaining this disorder to someone not familiar with it, what would you say? This section should include any other information important about the disorder that is not addressed elsewhere.
- Resource (1 slide): Provide at least one resource (community service agency, web site, help or hotline, etc..) that someone suffering from this disorder could contact if they needed help. Be sure to provide the resource’s contact information, such as location, phone number, email and/or web page. Note this is different than your Reference Page.
- Reference page (1 or more slides): your final slide(s) should be a list of references you used; these should be in APA style and you need at least 5 different sources. Note this is different than a resource in the bullet point above. Here is a link to Purdue University’s OWL page (Links to an external site.) on how to cite electronic sources, which is what most of you will use. If you have other resources and need help citing, email me and I’ll send you a link on how to cite properly.
- To get the Diagnostic Criteria in the DSM-5:
- Log on to MyCCP, find the library link.
- On the A to Z listing of Databases, scroll down and click on DSM Premium @ PsychiatryOnline.com
- Click on Explore the Latest Edition
- Click on Section II: Diagnostic Criteria and Codes. These are organized by category so find your category first, then your disorder.
- In the Section Quick Links, click on the name of the disorder. Note the Diagnostic Criteria are in a pink box that often scrolls down.
- If you have problems accessing the DSM-5, try using another web browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, etc…You can also call Tech support at CCP or contact the library.
Here are other links that may be helpful to you:
- National Institute of Mental Health (Links to an external site.)
- MedLine Plus (Links to an external site.)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA (Links to an external site.)) – use the search box to enter your disorder
- Mayo Clinic (Links to an external site.)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Psychological-Disorders-Project-psychology-homework-help appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.