- Attached is the Required Template
- Click here for Assignment 2 Insights
In this assignment, you are to use the same corporation you selected and focused on for Assignment 1.
- Using the corporation you chose from Assignment 1, examine the industry in which the entity operates. Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the company:
- Company website
- Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml)
- Strayer University’s online databases
- Other miscellaneous sources. Note: the company’s annual report will often provide insights that other resources may not include.
- Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses. Choose either a strategy OR tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and the strategy OR tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
- Determine the company’s tangible and intangible resources, core capabilities, and core competencies.
- Choose the two (2) segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess how these segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which it operates.
- Choose two (2) forces of competition that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose. Evaluate how well the company has addressed these) forces in the recent past, going back no further than five (5) fiscal years.
- With the same two (2) forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
- Identify what you consider to be the greatest external threat to this corporation. Discuss how the corporation should address this threat. Justify your explanation.
- Identify what you consider to be the greatest opportunity presented to the corporation, and discuss how the corporation should take advantage of this opportunity. Justify your explanation
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources .
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify how the six segments of the general environment affect an industry and its firms.
- Identify the five forces of competition.
- Analyze the external environment for opportunities and threats that impact the firm.
- Analyze the internal environment of a company for strengths and weaknesses that impact the firm’s competitiveness.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanics.
- Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
- Assignment 2 Template.doc
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post securities and exchange commission write a four to six 4 6 page paper appeared first on Top Premier Essays.