Assignment: Social Change Portfolio: Part 3: Theories of Prevention
Theories of prevention can guide practitioners in studying a health or societal problem and in planning solutions (National Cancer Institute, 2005). For this Assignment, you will consider which theories are applicable to the community problem you are investigating, and you will evaluate the implications for solutions.
- Review and incorporate the previous feedback you received from your instructor and colleagues on the Introduction, Parts 1 and 2 of your Social Change Portfolio and finalize these parts for final review.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week and consider Theories of Prevention related to a community problem.
- Create a section in your Social Change Portfolio called “Part 3: Theories of Prevention” and add an applicable theory(ies) and include the following:
- 1 or 2 theories that you can apply to a prevention program to address the target problem you identified in Week 2 and justify why this theory(ies) is/are appropriate for the problem and population you have identified
- Briefly summarize research support for the theory or theories you chose
- Identify an existing evidence-based program for this target problem
Submit your updated Social Change Portfolio which includes the updated Introduction and Parts 1, 2, and 3. (What are the consequences of not having access to services in Waco? What are the consequences regarding the African American community, families, businesses, education, etc? Tell me more about why this is important for Waco? Make sure to proofread as there were at least two spelling errors that I think were just typos. Also, make sure to make your goal prevention oriented.).