For this assignment, you will explore the structure, features, and functions of the skeletal, articular, muscular, and nervous systems. Your paper must include an introduction, body, and a conclusion. It must address the following elements:
- Skeletal system: Assess the different types of bones and select two examples for each type. Identify the general location of the chosen bones (e.g., head, thorax, trunk, etc.).
- Articular system: Examine the joint structures associated with the synovial joints. Then, analyze the importance of three structures of your choice.
- Muscular system: Summarize the three types of muscle contractions. Differentiate between concentric and eccentric contractions and select two movements for each contraction.
- Nervous system: Briefly discuss the main functions and components of the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS).
- Assess how the structures of these four systems benefit the overall function of our human body.
- Select one pathology or disease of your choice, and explain how each of the four systems alters in function from that perspective – either causing the condition or as a result of the condition.
Your assignment must be at least three pages in length, excluding title and reference pages. It must include a minimum of three scholarly sources (one should be your course text). Your paper and all sources must be formatted in APA style Please use subheadings throughout your paper. Include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style